Last updated: 12 December, 2019
The Terms of Service stated herein (collectively, this “Agreement”) constitute a legal agreement between you and Wire 2.0 Enterprises, a Nigerian Company. By using or receiving any services supplied to you by the Company (together with the Website located at www.wire.com.ng, collectively, the “Service”), you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the Terms of Service of this Agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as published from time to time at wire.com.ng/terms-of-Service. The Company’s “Service Providers” include employees and other home service providers.
The Company reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement or its policies relating to the Service at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Service. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. If you require any more information or have any questions about our Terms of Service, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE COMPANY PROVIDES HOME SERVICES, AND IS A PLATFORM FOR OTHER HOME SERVICES PROVIDERS. HOME SERVICES MAY BE SCHEDULED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR COMPANY MOBILE NUMBER(S). THE COMPANY OFFERS INFORMATION AND A METHOD TO OBTAIN HOME SERVICES AND HAS RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY HOME SERVICES PROVIDED BY OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS.
Wire 2.0 is a Platform
The Service is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals seeking to obtain house cleaning and other support services with our Service Providers to provide provide a suite of domestic services. The Company checks the backgrounds of Service Providers via third party background check services; however, the Company does not guarantee or warrant, and makes no representations regarding, the reliability, quality or suitability of such Service Providers. When interacting with our Service Providers, you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons whom you do not know.
Representations and Warranties
By using the Service, you expressly represent and warrant that you are legally entitled to enter this Agreement. If you reside in a jurisdiction that restricts the use of the Service because of age, you must abide by such age limits and you must not use the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or others who are not capable of entering into binding contracts. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your participation in using the Service is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your user status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity. When using the Service you agree to comply with all applicable laws from the country, state and city in which you are present while using the Service.
You may only access the Service using authorized means.
By using the Service, you agree that:
- You will only use the Service for lawful purposes; you will not use the Service for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes.
- You will not use the Service to cause nuisance, annoyance, or inconvenience.
- You will not impair the proper operation of the network.
- You will not try to harm the Service in any way whatsoever.
- You will only use the Service for your own use and will not resell it to a third party.
- You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification provided to you, which allows access to the Service.
- You will provide us with whatever proof of identity the Company may reasonably request.
- You will only use an access point or data account that you are authorized to use.
License Grant & Restrictions
The Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, right to use the Service, solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
You shall not (i) license, sub-license, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Service; (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon the Service; (iii) create Internet “links” to the Website or “frame” or “mirror” any Software on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device; (iv) reverse engineer the Website; (v) access the Website in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Website (vi) launch an automated program or script, including, but not limited to, web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burdens or hinders the operation and/or performance of the Website.
You may use the Website only for your personal, non-commercial purposes and shall not: (i) send spam or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (ii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortuous material, including material harmful to children or that violates third party privacy rights; (iii) send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (iv) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Website or the data contained therein; or (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or its related systems or networks.
Any fees, which the Company may charge you, are due before and after your service and are non-refundable. You are required to make a Thirty percent (30%) payment of the cost of your service before receiving an e-mail/SMS confirming your booking. You will use only mobile/electronic bank transfer to pay for the first installment of your service. At the time of your task, one of Wire 2.0 Service Providers will come and complete your task. On completion of your task, you are required to make a Seventy percent (70%) cash balance payment to your cleaner. Any rates listed by the Company are for services rendered directly by our Service Providers but do not include charges for merchandise purchased to complete your request. The Company reserves the right to determine final prevailing pricing. (Please note that the pricing information published on the website may not reflect the prevailing pricing).
The Company, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different rates. These promotional offers, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your offer or contract. The Company may change the fees for the Service, as we deem necessary for our business. We encourage you to check back at our Website periodically if you are interested about how we charge for the Service.
Third Party Expenses
At your request, either on our Website or over the phone, the Company Service Providers may help you purchase items. The Company will not purchase any item on your behalf unless first authorized to do so. You will be asked to transfer funds through mobile or internet banking to make the purchase. Any request over N20, 000 must be made by email, or other written authorization. The Company does not warrant or stand behind any purchases made on your behalf. The Company only acts to facilitate the purchase; and all disputes with purchases will be addressed by the vendor. All invoices, shipping information, and other transaction details will be sent directly to your email address from the vendor. If the Company agrees to make a purchase on your behalf [purchase not made directly with your funds], the Company reserves the right to charge a convenience fee 10% (Ten percent).
Use of the Service
Where we describe Service Providers as “vetted” or similar, we are promising only that we have carried out certain checks as specified on our Website at the time you make a booking and that those checks did not reveal any cause for concern. You acknowledge that in carrying out these checks we are reliant on information supplied by third parties. We cannot guarantee that that information is accurate. Nor can we guarantee that our Service Providers are otherwise suitable for your purposes. You use our Service Providers at your risk.
Supply of Services:
- Your order is an offer that is only accepted when we send you an email and short message service (SMS) on behalf of one of our selected Service Providers confirming your order.
- You agree to treat our Service Providers courteously and lawfully. You agree to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for Service Providers in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that you will provide reasonable co-operation to Service Providers to enable them supply Services.
- You agree to communicate any complaints to us and not the Service Provider. You agree to comply with our complaint and other policies on our Website as may be varied from time to time.
- You acknowledge that your nominated Service Provider may be unavailable from time to time e.g. through illness or vacation or leaving our Service.
- You agree that during the period of this Agreement you will not book any services from, or engage, any Service Provider outside of our Website. You agree not to engage any Service Provider for 6 months after termination of this Agreement.
- Placement Fee : If at any stage you make an appointment with a Service Provider outside booking appointment via the Wire 2.0 platform, you will be liable to pay Wire 2.0 a placement fee reckoned at N20,000 excluding VAT, this placement fee shall be payable within 10 (ten) working days of his/her appointment with you. No termination of the appointment or variation of its terms will entitle you to any repayment of the placement fee. This clause will survive the termination of this agreement, and will apply for 6 (six) months after its termination.
Payment for Services / Cancellation by You:
- You must ensure that all contact and payment information (e.g. mobile number, email address, physical addresses) which you provide is accurate and not misleading and that you will update it so that it remains so.
- Prices include any applicable VAT or other sales tax unless otherwise stated.
- We may at any time change the prices. We will give you notice by email at least one month before any price change takes effect. If you do not accept the new fee, you should cancel this agreement as explained below. Otherwise, the Services supplied after the expiry of the one-month’s notice will be at the new price.
- You can at any time cancel any individual visit, a Repeat Booking or this Agreement as a whole via the platform or by contacting us. There is no charge if you cancel the appointment before the cut-off time of 12 hours, the day before the appointment start-time for the Service Provider visit. If so, you will not be charged for the home service appointment. If you cancel after the cut-off time of 12 hours, the day before the appointment start time, then we will charge Wire 2.0 administrative and Service Provider’s transport and/or lost earnings fees as applicable and as stated on our Website and booking confirmation email.
- If there is a no-show and you notify us via our Website within 24 hours after the scheduled start-time, then we will at your option provide either a full refund of any payment made for that visit or else use reasonable endeavours to re-arrange the visit. We reserve the right not to make a refund or re-arrange a visit if we are not notified within that 24 hour period.
If any amount due by you is unpaid, we may:
- Charge reasonable additional administration costs; and/or
- Charge interest (both before and after judgment) on the amount unpaid at the rate for the time being and/or
- Arrange of the supply of Services to be suspended; and/or
- Cancel this agreement on written notice (including email and SMS).
Cancellation by us:
- We may at any time without cause cancel any particular Booking or this Agreement as a whole including your right to use our Website, giving notice by email and SMS to the extent reasonably practicable.
Following cancellation of this agreement:
Accrued rights and liabilities are unaffected. All clauses in this agreement which are stated or intended to continue after cancellation will continue to apply. You must not attempt to re-register for or continue to use our Website if we have given you notice of cancellation.
Changes to the terms and conditions:
- We may change these Terms of Service by posting the revised version on our Website at least 14 days before they become effective. Please check our Website from time to time. You will be bound by the revised agreement if you continue to use our Website or the Service following the effective date shown.
- You are responsible for your Content.
- You must not publish or send any Content (including links or references to other content) which is threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, defamatory, offensive, racist, hateful, discriminatory or abusive or which we otherwise consider to be inappropriate;
- If you post a Review, you also promise that it is your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
- You promise us that you have (and will retain) all rights and permissions needed to enable us to use your Content as contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right without notice to suspend, alter, remove or delete Content or to disclose to the relevant authorities any Content or behaviour if it is the subject of complaint or where we have reason to believe that it breaches our Terms of Service, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority. If so, you must not attempt to re-publish or re-send the relevant Content.
- We do not accept responsibility if your Content is misused by other Users as this is outside our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to irretrievably delete your Content at any time.
Content of other Users:
- We do not endorse or recommend any Reviews by other Users. You rely on such information at your own risk. We accept no legal responsibility for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any such Reviews.
- Your account on our Website is for your personal use only and is non-transferable. You must not authorize or permit any other person to use your account. You must take reasonable care to protect and keep confidential your password and other account or identity information. You must notify us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized disclosure or use of a password. You are responsible for third parties who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
Functioning of our Website:
- We cannot guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- We are entitled, without notice and without liability, to suspend the Website for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
- Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything that may not legally be excluded or limited.
- You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are potentially liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our Service Providers in circumstances where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our Service Providers;
- Such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
- Such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this Agreement; or
- You will be liable for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this Agreement or misuse of our Website (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
Intellectual Property Ownership
The Company alone (and its licencors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the Service. To the extent you provide any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information regarding the Service, you hereby assign to the Company all right, title and interest thereto. This Agreement is not a sale and does not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to the Service, or any intellectual property rights owned by the Company. The Company name, the Company logo, and the product names associated with the Service are trademarks of the Company or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them.